Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Here's A Show Of Good "Faith"

Ring those Christmas bells as a death knoll for Christian behavior. It seems Joel Osteen's wife had a conniption on a flight to Colorado for a ski trip. Details are sketchy, but apparantly there was something spilled on a seat and Ms. Osteen was not satisfied with the job the FA did of wiping it up, which lead to an altercation between the two and the refusal of Ms. Osteen to sit down allowing the plane to take-off. This is wrong on so many levels.
Where is the compassion? The flight attendants have a whole plane of people to take care of, why does Ms. Osteen feel that she is more important than the rest of them? What about forgiveness? It seems that the arm candy trophy wife of the pastor of the largest congregation in the US should have some.
How about putting others first? I was always led to believe this was a true tenet of Christianity:Jesus, Others, You.A whole plane of people had to wait an hour while the Osteens deplaned and their baggage was retreived from the cargo hold.
I wonder why the Air Marshalls didn't pump her full of lead like a bi-polar man with a knapsack or at least arrest her. I wonder why the Osteens were leaving on a trip right before the biggest Christian holiday of the year.
Well, as I have heard and read, a lot of churches will be closed this Sunday. The most Holy day of the year, and God will be put aside so people can spend more time with their things, sacrificing Jesus on the altar of Mammon. That God isn't striking these people down for complete blasphemy or heresy is all the evidence I need that God simply doesn't exist.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Lew you nut. God is busy intelligently designing somewhere else...we were a test batch. Hah.
Yes, there are several big churches closing and as we have discussed, it seems ironic to close Church for Christmas! This was covered also on NPR, I would get more into their statements but don't want to aggravate you any more!

Anonymous said...

That Blog "Fire Of Liberty" ought to be deleted from your sidebar.
I love that the writer says he hopes to "hewn" his skills to become a freelance writer. Before the arrogance, homeboy needs to learn to spell!!! uh, not the greatest way to package your linguistic goodies.... definite DINK.

Lew Scannon said...

A dink is someone who blindly follows the right wing agenda, even after Bush & Co. have been proven to be greedy incompetent tyrranical hegemonic oligarchs. The intention was to find out more of these and list them under dinks as a counterpoint opinion, where you could go looking for a good arguement, but I lost interest.(Must be my ADHD acting up again)

Anonymous said...

Ok Lew- maybe you can tell me why the header on LTN blog does not appear in firefox but it now does in Internet Explorer?
This is frustrating because one never knows what the hell people are looking at when they visit a blog! I bet you did not see the graphic either because you probably have IE and now I changed it for IE and firefox is mixed up.... did you even know there were graphics? geez, in one browser its a different color entirely!!!
I didn't really catch on until I saw the way it looked on my friend's computer-the lines were all messed up. No wonder she said it looked like shit.

Lew Scannon said...

I have no idea why the header does not appear. I used to see it, but I just checked and now it's gone. As you can probably tell by looking at my blog, the inner workings of these things are beyond my computing skills. Otherwise, I'd have a much better looking blog than this.

Lily said...

Your blog is fine. But if you want a header its fairly easy to do. I think the issue is that there are so many browser versions out there. Oh well.