Sunday, April 06, 2008

Check Your Calendar, Know Your History

In a question and answer period on a campaign stop, Hillary Clinton stated:
“I started criticizing the war in Iraq before he did. So, I’m well aware that his entire campaign is premised on a speech he gave in 2002 and I give him credit for making that speech. But that was not a decision.”

In 2002, the war had not yet begun. Millions of Americans were opposed to it then, but Senator Clinton voted for it. How can that be considered criticizing the war before Senator Obama?
This is the problem I have with Clinton, her whole campaign has been a slew of misstatements. How can you trust her to do anything she is promising when she keeps making these statements that when closely examined, prove to be entirely false?
While I would prefer to have Nader in the White House, if we are to have a democrat, why have one who's going to be a constant target of the right wing noise machine?

No comments: