Friday, November 12, 2010

How Many More Times Do I Have To Say It Again?

As my few remaining loyal readers may have noticed, I haven't been as avid about posting here as I have been in the past. While this is partly due to other outstanding obligations, the main reason is I've said it already. Several times.
How many more times do I have to post about the Republican Party being tools, as well as the tool of capitalistic oppression? They seem to revel in finding new ways to keep government out of business while simultaneously finding ways to pass laws aimed to harm the poor, minorities, or gays and lesbians. I've said it before, and while I find the lot of them to be distasteful, saying it again won't change them.
How many more times do I have to criticize the Democratic Party? Their misguided attempts to solve any problem are tempered with their liberal sense of all-inclusion made sure that health care reform didn't offend the insurance companies, making it a mandated pay out for them, and another tax that working families can't afford. Good work.
How many more times do I have to point out that the reason the economy is in the toilet is because our politicians and their corporate overlords thought it would be best to ship all our high paying manufacturing jobs outside of the country? You can pour as many billions of dollars down a sinkhole as you want, if they're not creating permanent full time positions, than the industries hurt by the down turn, housing and automobile manufacturing, will never recover because people are not going to commit to a thirty year mortgage or a three year car loan if they're only guaranteed employment for nine months. Do I have to say it again?
How many more times do I have to point out the futility of fighting a war against an idea? Terrorism is nothing more than a small group of people's response to a greater group of people's injustice against them. Endless and self-perpetuating, every unmanned drone the US sends into Pakistan that kills unarmed civilians, 'collateral damage' as we justified these acts of murder, creates more desperate people who are so determined they will gladly risk life and limb to strike back at us as hard as possible. Do I have to say it again?
I started this blog over five years ago because I didn't want the only opportunity for my children is to become cannon fodder for a privileged class that has no qualms with using lies and deception to send them off to kill and die. There were no WMD in Iraq. Do I have to say it again? There is now, and they belong to the US Army.
I don't plan on gong away. A number of good blogging friends have hung up their keyboards this year, but I intend on continuing to exercise my futility. No matter how many more times I have to say it. Again.

5 comments:

libhom said...

One advantage of keeping on with your blog is that you pick up readers from blogs that have gone defunct.

Tom Harper said...

I'm still out there too, saying the same things over and over again. It probably doesn't accomplish anything, but it feels good; it's a way to let off steam.

Lynn Alexander said...

I guess we all started to feel that way, or needed a break. I actually feel the urge to run my mouth again...

Anonymous said...

I'm not a lawyer, but we got to trust our people when they said Saddam had WMD, we gotta believe them. I'm not gonna argue specifics with you Lou. You don't tackle your own quarterback. That's just the way it is - and Condi will backme up on this.

Dave Dubya said...

I'd almost like to quit blogging, but they always do stuff that pisses me off and I need to vent.