Thursday, February 12, 2009

Change We Can Deceive In

In retrospect, it's easy to see how one might have believed in the change that Barack Obama promised. After eight years of the Bush administration's Time-Life library of how not to deal with crises, four years of borderline senility and optimistic incompetence wasn't very appealing. And I realize I was just cynical enough to know that "Change We Can Believe In" was just another slogan. Because from what I've seen, the only thing that has changed is the party lying to the American people.
Sure, Obama ordered Guantanamo shut down, but left other rendition prisons open. The economic stimulus plan is just another replay of the Bush's version of Kleptocracy.
And now, we have Obama's new CIA chief claiming Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons. Even though the National Intelligence Estimate of 2007 clearly stated that Iran had abandoned it's weapons program years earlier, and the IAEA has not found one single gram of the uranium Iran has enriched being diverted away from it's energy program, the Obama administration has gone all neocon reality creating and "believes" that Iran is working towards building nuclear weapons.
Yeah, and I believed in change. But it sounds like the same old crap to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you now know how a person who voted for Bush the first time around was thinking. Maybe you should become a beer swilling, window licking, NASCAR watching idiot like the Bush voters you used to describe. I guess your one of them now. Enjoy your victory, Obama, and membership in the new club.

Lew Scannon said...

Anonymouse,
I guess the difference between me and those beer swilling flag waving NASCAR loving television watchers is I won't vote for Obama a second time.

Tom Harper said...

I guess Obama is another variation on "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."